Dear 2018 Missouri All State Orchestra Member:
Congratulations on this outstanding musical achievement! You are truly among a select group of some of the finest musicians in the nation.
Please read this email closely as it contains very important information that you will need to know and abide by in order to participate in the 2018 Missouri All-State Orchestra.
- You must fill out the 2018 Missouri ASO Enrollment form completely and have it fully submitted by December 19th, 2017 or you will FORFEIT your place in the orchestra. When filling out this form, you will need your parent’s digital signature, your school director’s digital signature and your principal’s digital signature. You are allowed to edit the form after submission so that you may obtain the proper digital signatures after you have filled out all questions.
Follow this link to fill out your form: 2018 Missouri ASO Enrollment Form
- Alternates must submit all information, but are not required to submit payment unless selected.
- Read this: 2018 Missouri ASO Procedures
- Read this: 2018 ASO REHEARSAL SCHEDULE
- Read this: 2018 ASO Code Of Conduct
- Pay your 2018 Missouri All-State Orchestra Participation Fee by December 19th. If you are paying your own fees, follow this link to pay online:
IF YOU PAY ONLINE – PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR STUDENT NAME IN THE PAYMENT!
If your school is paying your fee, please make sure it is payed on your behalf by December 19th. Checks are made payable and addressed to the
Aimee Fine, MoASTA Treasurer
808 Swift’s Hwy., Jefferson City, Mo. 65109
Address questions to: email@example.com
*Checks must be received no later than: December 19, 2017
Make sure student’s name is listed in the memo section of the check.
2018 brings the west coast to the Missouri All-State Orchestra!
The conductor of the 2018 All-State Orchestra will be Roger Kalia who is the Assistant Conductor of Pacific Symphony and the Music Director of Pacific Symphony Youth Orchestra. Mr. Kalia is a dynamic award winning conductor and the orchestra is in for an amazing experience.
This year will also feature a new composition entitled Joyful Shimmering that was commissioned by the Missouri Chapter of the American String Teacher’s Association for the 2018 Missouri All-State Orchestra. The composer is Chris Thomas who is an active Film and Television composer based in Los Angeles. Mr. Thomas has employed the unique sounds of a professionally recorded Gamelan ensemble to tandemly perform with the All State Orchestra through midi triggering. You can her a computerized example of this amazing composition here: Joyful Shimmering.
I look forward to meeting YOU at Tan Tar A!